Villhauer's Farm 11/2013

 Villhauer's Farm 11/2013

Monday, August 10, 2009

Winding Down

      It has been a very busy week.  Dan’s girl friend, mom and step dad have been here from Tennessee all week. They just left a few minutes ago.  Jessica stayed with us and her parents stayed at the Motel 8 in LeRoy. They all took different day trips to Chicago, Springfield and Indiana, but it was still a busy time for me with them coming and going.  We hung out together, watched a movie, played some games, etc. I served 3 dinners during the week and 1 lunch to the whole clan including Courtney and Mike on Saturday. 

       Yesterday after church, Courtney and I went horse shopping.  It was over 90 degrees, humid, and the horses hadn’t been ridden in a while.  So, it was hard to get them to do much, but they were well mannered. After over 3 hours in the sun + 4 horses, and no sunscreen, we were both hot, tired, and sunburned.  My face got it pretty bad, but Courtney really got burned.  Silly we didn't think to use sunscreen....don't think we realized we would be out in the sun so long. It is very difficult for me to decide on a horse. None of them are perfect. They could all use a good home.  I want all the pretty horses.  Decisions, decisions....

    

     The chickens continue to grow.  They are big enough that the dog doesn't bother them and they aren't worried about her.  Of course I had to teach kaysha to leave them alone.




     The four chicks we hatched from Carol's eggs are also getting bigger and into more trouble.  In this photo they are on the lid of the trash can that their feed is in.



       This is my last week of summer. Lots will be going on out here at the farm (hopefully). Fence guys to put in new corner and gate posts, concrete man to poor a floor in the barn for the tack room, electrician to put a light and switch in the tack room and electricity to the old unattached garage. I am also taking Britney to Children's Memorial in Chicago for her check up. How am I going to get any school work done?

       I had a task force meeting last week for the Biology I curriculum and new text book adoption.  It was a bit ,uh, “harry” at first, but once we got past our differences and established a plan, it went quite well. 

       My window shades also arrived last week.  BUT, when the installer took them out of the box, he discovered they were the wrong window blinds.  My blinds were shipped to Cedar Rapids Iowa apparently.  Boo! They are supposed to come tomorrow.  We’ll see.

     I gave blood last Friday.  I always feel good when I can help out a good cause.  My BP was higher than normal, 120/60.   All the other times when I have gone to donate, it has been under or right at 100/ 60.  Hum....
Hope it isn’t this farm living
getting to me.  I think once the fence and barn are all done and we have horses, I will be able to relax and enjoy life out here.  Actually, most days I take time to sit and look out over the country side, and count my blessing.  I feel very lucky and happy to be able to have and enjoy this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment